Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Due to staffing shortages, you may experience transportation delays or cancellations. In the event you need to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, here are our procedures.
Morning Drop Off
- Join one of the three lines in the parking lot. There are guide lines on the pavement to help identify and separate the lines.
- When it is time for the students to come inside, a member of our staff will come out and begin pulling the lines forward, alternating one car from each line to merge into one line.
- Once you have pulled forward to the curb in front of the main entrance, your child may get out and proceed into the building. There will be staff outside to help make sure everyone gets in safely.
- Once your child has gone inside the building, wait until the line in front of you begins to move before you pull forward. Do not pull around other cars, as this presents a safety hazard for both our staff and students.
Recommended morning arrival time: 8:00 am. We begin allowing the students into the building at 8:10 am with the tardy bell ringing at 8:25 am, so an 8:00 am arrival gives plenty of time to get through the line and get to class on time.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Join one of the three lines in the parking lot. There are guide lines on the pavement to help identify and separate the lines. Ten or so minutes before we begin dismissal, a staff member will come around to ask who you are picking up. If you have a car rider number tag, display that on your front dashboard to help expedite the process. We have a high volume of car riders, so we use an app to help us know which students we need to line up.
- Once dismissal has started, our staff will begin to pull groups of cars forward. Once you have pulled forward to the curb in front of the main entrance, your child will come out to your car.
- Once your child has gotten into the car, wait until the line in front of you begins to move before you pull forward. Do not pull around other cars, as this presents a safety hazard for both our staff and students.
Recommended arrival time: 3:00 pm. Dismissal begins at 3:10 pm, and you generally do not have to wait too long if you arrive right around 3:00 pm.
Hours of Operation
Summer: M-F, 7:30 am-4:00 pm
School Year: M-F, 5:30 am-5:00 pm
ACSC Transportation Center
255 South Avon Avenue
Avon, IN 4123
What if a route is cancelled?
- If Avon Schools cannot provide bus transportation, parents will be asked to provide transportation or the student will be marked excused in their attendance
- If we cannot provide transportation in the morning, evening transportation will not be provided either.
- Avon Schools will alert you through ParentSquare if transportation is not available. Our goal is to be in touch at least an hour before the first scheduled pick up.
- Parents should update their pick-up lists to include trusted adults who may be required to pick up their child after school.